Monday, June 15, 2009

And in the beginning

I am taking a page from one of my few closest friends and starting my own blog. Now I am a little intimidated about all of this but I know that this is going to be a sweet ride. I want to be able to talk about the books I read, the utterly bizaare things that happen in my life and even some movies or two. So where to start. Of course with a book. I just finished reading Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber, who is on my list of authors that I faithfully read. This is a book in technically a series but can do well alone. I will say that this one was good but... I was disappointed in the plot. The book centers around a concept thought up by the Yarn store owner. Knitting to quit. Her first group consists of only 3 members and what they are quitting are not really that interesting. A woman just broke up with her cheating fiance and wants to forget him, a man was diagnosed with high blood pressure and needed to destress and a long time customer is trying to quit smoking. But the main story is about the yarn store owner and her wanting to adopt a baby. I guess my biggest peeve is the last chapter and its like everybody and their brother reveals their secret. Secret overload. Again I liked and read the book. Got it from the library and probably wouldn't buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment