Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 for deal

I think I am slowly getting the hang on this blog but it is still a learning process. I am in awe at looking at some others blogs and the design of them. I'm getting there. So be patient and watch me grow.
I latched onto a what will be another wonderful quilting series that has been dealing with hot topics. The books are by Marie Bostwick and there are terrific. The first book, A Single Thread, is about the main character Evelyn and her discovery of having breast cancer one day before hosting her first Quilt for Pink event at her new quilting store. The book is a keeper and the storyline intriguing. Evelyn starts a new life for herself after divorce in a totally new area of the country for her, CT. She opens up a quilting store and makes new friends from all walks of life. The unfolding of her life is fascinating and kept me engrossed. Her second book was equally gripping, centering on Ivy, someone who is a victim of spousal abuse and is hired by Evelyn in her store. I was drawn into her struggle from running from her husband, the hiding and secrets and ultimately the showdown in court after he found her. I know both books touched me and am looking forward, very much, to more. http://mariebostwick.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment