Friday, July 10, 2009

Can't do diaries anymore

Yupp, I have decided that I just can't deal with diaries anymore. The book I just finished, which took me 4 days, is not high on my recommendation list. It wasn't very thick, I admit I was distracted a little this week and the title of the book really didn't work too well with the story. There could have been a better title. But you have to admit it catches your attention. The book is No! I Don't Want to Join a Book Club: Diary of a Sixtieth Year by Virginia Ironside. It really is a diary of a woman turning 60 and her dealing with becoming a grandma for the first time, deciding if she is still interested in a relationship at her age and having a gay friend die. What messed me up was she threw in an entry of a spam email she got some days. Ranging from penis enhancement to gibberish. Didn't need that. Yes, diaries are giving a more personal perspective of the character but again, this one just didn't do it for me. Now on to the next good read, I hope. http://www.virginiaironside.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment