Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cinema time

To be honest, I have distracted lately to do much reading. I know a shock. But there two shows that I wanted to rave about. First is the movie Transformers 2. Like the first, a nice gripping clean action flick with some laughs. I highly recommend it and will buy it when it comes out in DVD. Then last night I watched the premiere of Warehouse 13. The show makes me think that it took the end scene of Raiders of the Lost ark, when they put the ark away in the warehouse in amongst thousands of other boxes to remain hidden, and ran with it. This warehouse is where most of the world's objects that have a questionable lineage or should I said aftereffects, are stored. They still have paranormal residue on them, an aura. So 2 secret service agents get bamboozled in becoming hunters of objects that need to be stored into this warehouse. The premiere had to do with Lucretia Borgia's Hair Comb and the effect it can have on people when held while saying the magic words, in Italian. It was very good. I liked the premise. And can't wait for more episodes.
I am in the middle of a book and one part stood out to me. A statement that read: You can always persuade rational people to do anything, as long as you have the logic ready. Emotional people are far less easy to win round. Humm... more about the book when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment